Workshops: Registration and payment is required to reserve your space. For more details or to register, call us at 453-7799, or stop in at the shop! You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org Supply lists will be available upon registration. Workshops are $20 per one-session and $40 per two-session unless otherwise stated.
Please note that we offer repeats of any workshop. Did you miss one that you really want? Give us a call and we can personalize the time to fit your schedule at no extra cost!
And... if you want to take a workshop that requires a skill you don't know yet, such as increasing or decreasing, talk with us! We can find a time to teach you that before the workshop.
Spring 2019 Workshops!
1. Toe-Up Worsted Weight Magic Loop Socks (w/ Marin Melchior) Two sessions for $30, Feb 9 & March 2 10:30am-12:30pm
2. How to Avoid Repetitive Strain In juries (w/ Elissa Cobb and Janet Chill) SUNDAY Feb 17, 12:30pm-2:30pm
3. How to Knit a Hat with a Double Thickness Turned-up Brim for Extra Warm Ears (w/ Elissa Cobb) Feb 23, 10:30am-12:30pm
4. Demystify 2 Common Short Row Skills (w/ Elissa Cobb) March 9, 10:30am-12:30pm
5. NEW Afghan Knit-a-long (w/ Elissa Cobb) Monthly 2-hour tutorial/mentoring to create afghan squares each month over 7 months (12 squares) $65 for all 7 sessions. March 16, April 13, May 18, June 15, July 20, Sept 14, Oct 19 - 10:30am-12:30pm
6. How to Make your own Beautiful Unique Buttons (w/ Elissa Cobb) NOTE: There will be a small materials fee on workshop day. Approximately $5 March 23, 10:30am-12:30pm
7. The Art of the Bind Off (w/ Elissa Cobb) March 30, 10:30am-12:30pm
8. How to Crochet (w/ Janet Chill) Learn the basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, double crochet, half-double crochet, triple crochet. May 11, 10:30am-12:30pm
9. Knit a Shopping Bag (w/ Janet Chill) Get ready for the plastic bag ban in Vermont! Must have basic knitting skills. June 8, 10:30am-12:30pm
10. Knitting in the Round on Circular and Double-point needles: Part 1 Starting a hat on Circular needles; Part 2 Finishing the hat on double-point needles (w/ Diane Corey) June 1 & June 8, 10:30am-12:30pm
11. Continue Knitting in the Round: Part 1 - Starting a sock on double-point needles; Part 2 - Turning a heel on double-point needles; Part 3 - Kitchener Stitch to finish a sock. (w/ Anne Wallace) $45 for all three sessions. June 29, July 6, July 13, 10:30am-12:30pm
ON-GOING KNITTING OPPORTUNITIES
We love to sit with customers who want to learn some tips or work through a tricky pattern. We'll even Skype with you if you're away on vacation and get stuck! Anything is possible, and we've found that this is one of the most satisfying elements of the shop and studio - learning together and creating something beautiful. If you want to arrange an appointment with one of us to guarantee our undivided attention, please call or email.
Social Knit and Crochet: Creativity, Coaching, and Community
Every Saturday starting at 1:30 and every Sunday at 12:30, come join us for some time to sit, knit, & visit. We'll have the tea pot ready! Bring your own project, start a new one, or get help with a tricky spot you're stuck on; this is simply a time to make new friends, catch up with some old ones, and knit for a while. You don't need to have bought your yarns from us - just bring what you have and share ideas. No charge.
"Just Get Started to Knit or Crochet" Personalized to fit your busy schedule and interests.
We have changed this course to become completely personalized to your needs and time/schedule. Call the shop to arrange a time when one of us will help you begin to knit, refresh your skills, or learn something new.
Cost: $20 for two sessions.
Parent-Child Knitting: Another workshop that we can tailor to your interests and schedule. Call the shop and we will arrange a time that works best for you.
Cost: $15 per parent-child pair. We have some used needles for deep discounts.
After School Knitting for Kids will return in February!
Third Wednesday (usually) of each month at 3:15 (ish) to 4:30 (ish) we usually offer a Kids Knitting group time. Knitters and "wanna-be knitters" are welcome to bring their own projects or engage in a fiber-oriented craft for which we are prepared. Call the shop for information and to express interest in participating.
Parents are welcome (and encouraged!) to join in, but particularly with children older than first grade, parents aren't "required" to stay.
If your child is a new knitter, it will be best if they have a lesson before joining the group. You can call the shop to set that up. Lessons are $15 for two sessions; scholarships are available.
Linda and Anne will be available to help with knitting projects, and will introduce a "fun project" to make each afternoon that we meet.
We have kid needles and lots of donated yarns to use, so cost of supplies is very reasonable or non-existent. There is NO COST for the group though we ask families who feel they can to make a donation to our "Food Shelf Jar."
Let us know if you and your children are interested, or just come. Look forward to seeing you in soon.