Big News: After school knitting for children is underway every third Thursday at 3:15pm until about 4 or 4:30. $5 per child or $10 for a family group per session. Open to knitters for coaching and encouragement, and for "not-yet-knitters" we will have some fun "yarny" projects. Just come and enjoy some fun social knitting time with friends, new and old. We will offer some simple projects each time that can be “one time only” - all to do with yarn, and fun.
Workshops: Registration and payment is required to reserve your space. For more details or to register, call us at 453-7799, on Mondays and Wednesday-Sunday, or stop in at the shop! You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org Supply lists will be available upon registration.
Please note that we offer repeats of any workshop. Did you miss one that you really want? Give us a call and we can personalize the time to fit your schedule at no extra cost!
Early Spring Workshop Schedule -
We will post the schedule for Fall classes sometime this summer. In the meantime, give us a call if there's something you want to learn and a project you need help with - we really love to work with you!
All workshops run on Saturdays, 10:30-12:30.
1. Beginner Brioche Hat (with Marin Melchior) Master this beautiful and versatile stitch with master knitter Marin. Two-part workshop for $40. Call or email the shop for more details and homework. Dates: April 1, 10:30-12:30 & April 2 11:30am-1:30pm
2. Knit & Crochet Forever without Strain (with Elissa Cobb) Don't let your body get upset while you satisfy your soul with your handwork. Whether you have a diagnosed condition or simply overuse discomforts, come discover how you can improve your approach to prolonged knitting or crocheting. No homework. April 8, $15.00
3. Knitting Next Steps (with Elissa Cobb) We'll make a small, lovely knitted tote bag that is a sampler of many of the skills that take beginner knitters beyond knit & purl. Skills include: increases & decreases, yarn-overs & slip stitches, basic cable, knitting in the round, making an I-cord & button hole, simple grafting, pick up and knit, and crocheting a simple edging. Three part workshop. Part 1 - April 15; Part 2 - May 13; Part 3 - June 10; 10:30am-12:30pm. $45 for all three sessions.
4. Crochet Square of the Month (with Janet Chill), April 22, $15.00
5. How to Knit Socks (with Mary McGuire) You should be comfortable knitting on 4 needles or in Magic-Loop. If not, please contact Mary for instruction on that first. We will be using the Yankee Knitter pattern #29 (available in the shop) so please buy that and your yarn of choice (fingering, sport, or worsted!) ahead of time and knit your sock to the heel-turning point. We will work on that together and then have the opportunity to practice the Kitchener stitch for closing the toe on some practice needles. April 29, $15.00
6. Roiling Water Scarf (with Marin Melchior) a two part workshop for $40. Dates: June 3 and June 24, both days from 10:30-12:30.
7. Crochet Square of the Month (with Janet Chill) June 17, $15.00
ON-GOING KNITTING OPPORTUNITIES
We love to sit with customers who want to learn some tips or work through a tricky pattern. Call us to arrange a time. We'll even Skype with you if you're away on vacation and get stuck! Anything is possible, and we've found that this is one of the most satisfying elements of the shop and studio - learning together and creating something beautiful. If you want to arrange an appointment with one of us, please call or email.
Social Knit and Crochet: Creativity, Coaching, and Community
Every Saturday starting at 1:30, come join us for some time to sit, knit, & visit. We'll have the tea pot ready! Bring your own project, start a new one, or get help with a tricky spot you're stuck on; this is simply a time to make new friends, catch up with some old ones, and knit for a while. You don't need to have bought your yarns from us - just bring what you have and share ideas. No charge.
"Just Get Started to Knit or Crochet" Personalized to fit your busy schedule and interests.
We have changed this course to become completely personalized to your needs and time/schedule. Call the shop to arrange a time when one of us will help you begin to knit, refresh your skills, or learn something new.
Cost: $15 for two sessions.
Parent-Child Knitting: Another workshop that we can tailor to your interests and schedule. Call the shop and we will arrange a time that works best for you.
Cost: $15 per parent-child pair. We have some used needles for deep discounts.