Workshops: Registration and payment is required to reserve your space. For more details or to register, call us at 453-7799, on Mondays and Wednesday-Sunday, or stop in at the shop! You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org Supply lists will be available upon registration.
Please note that we offer repeats of any workshop. Did you miss one that you really want? Give us a call and we can personalize the time to fit your schedule at no extra cost!
And... if you want to take a workshop that requires a skill you don't know yet, such as knitting in the round, talk with us! We can find a time to teach you that before the workshop.
Fall 2017 Workshop Schedule - Here it is!!
All workshops run on Saturdays, 10:30-12:30, $15 per session
1. How to Crochet (with Janet Chill) Learn the basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, double crochet, half-double crochet, and triple crochet.
Dates: Sept 9 & Oct 28
2. How to Knit a Basic Hat (with Diane Corey). Knit a simple "bottom up" cap. This workshop is for the beginner knitter and you will learn how to knit in the round on circular and double-pointed needles.
Dates: Sept 16 & Sept 23
3. Knit Socks (with Anne Wallace). Come get over the fear of turning the heel. This workshop is for knitters who already know how to knit in the round with double-pointed needles.
Dates: Sept 30 & Oct 14, 10:30-12:30.
4. Knit Fix (with Elissa Cobb). Learn how to peacefully correct common mistakes.
Date: Oct 7
5. Dyer Balls (with Elissa Cob). Make dryer balls of 100% wool for gifts or for your own dryer.
Date: Nov 4
6. Knit Felted Mittens (with Mary McGuire). These are my family's favorite mittens - super warm, snug on the wrists, and perfect for building snowmen and ice skating.
Dates: Nov 18 and Dec 9
7. Knitted Gnomes(with Elissa Cobb). Knit a very cute gnome as an ornament for your tree or a toy as a stocking stuffer. Pattern included, so you can make a bunch of these little guys!
Date: Dec 2
ON-GOING KNITTING OPPORTUNITIES
We love to sit with customers who want to learn some tips or work through a tricky pattern. Call us to arrange a time. We'll even Skype with you if you're away on vacation and get stuck! Anything is possible, and we've found that this is one of the most satisfying elements of the shop and studio - learning together and creating something beautiful. If you want to arrange an appointment with one of us, please call or email.
Social Knit and Crochet: Creativity, Coaching, and Community
Every Saturday starting at 1:30, come join us for some time to sit, knit, & visit. We'll have the tea pot ready! Bring your own project, start a new one, or get help with a tricky spot you're stuck on; this is simply a time to make new friends, catch up with some old ones, and knit for a while. You don't need to have bought your yarns from us - just bring what you have and share ideas. No charge.
"Just Get Started to Knit or Crochet" Personalized to fit your busy schedule and interests.
We have changed this course to become completely personalized to your needs and time/schedule. Call the shop to arrange a time when one of us will help you begin to knit, refresh your skills, or learn something new.
Cost: $15 for two sessions.
Parent-Child Knitting: Another workshop that we can tailor to your interests and schedule. Call the shop and we will arrange a time that works best for you.
Cost: $15 per parent-child pair. We have some used needles for deep discounts.
After School Knitting for Kids is Back!
Third Thursdays (usually) of each month at 3:15 (ish) to 4:30 (ish)
December 14th (second Thursday, due to holidays)
Yarn & Yoga is happy to announce that we will again be offering an after school knitting group for kids. Parents are welcome (and encouraged!) to join in, but particularly with children older than first grade, parents aren't "required!"
If your child is a new knitter, it will be best if they have a lesson before joining the group. You can call the shop to set that up. Lessons are $15 for two sessions; scholarships are available.
Linda and Anne will be available to help with knitting projects, and will introduce a "fun project" to make each afternoon that we meet.
We have kid needles and lots of donated yarns to use, so cost of supplies is very reasonable or non-existent. There is NO COST for the group, though we ask families who feel they can to make a donation to our "Food Shelf Jar."
Let us know if you and your children are interested, or just come. Look forward to seeing you on the 21st!