Workshops: Registration and payment is required to reserve your space. For more details or to register, call us at 453-7799, on Mondays and Wednesday-Sunday, or stop in at the shop! You can also email us: email@example.com Supply lists will be available upon registration.
Please note that we offer repeats of any workshop. Did you miss one that you really want? Give us a call and we can personalize the time to fit your schedule at no extra cost!
And... if you want to take a workshop that requires a skill you don't know yet, such as increasing or decreasing, talk with us! We can find a time to teach you that before the workshop.
Spring Workshops starting in April! All workshops are on Saturdays, 10:30am-12:30pm, $15 each.
1. Turning a Heel (w/ Anne): Come practice turning a heel, and knit fabulous socks for everyone you know. April 14.
2. Easy Two-Color Stranding (w/ Elissa): Learn how to intertwine 2 strands/colors of yarn on an easy project. April 21.
3. Yarn 101 (w/ Elissa): Learn basics of fiber, gauge, and choosing the right yarn for your project. April 28. - ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT!
4. Toe-up Socks (w/ Mary): Learn to knit socks from the toe up. May 12.
5. How to Make a Braided Rug (w/ Elissa): Use strips of wool fabric to create beautiful braided rugs the old-fashioned way. May 19.
6. Five Patterns to Use Your Leftover Yarns (w/ Elissa): Bring your bag of stash the appropriate needles to fit what you have. June 2.
7. Learn to Crochet Granny Squares (w/ Janet): Must know how to crochet basic stitches. June 9.
8. Knitting in the Round (w/ Diane): We will use four needles and circular needles. June 16.
9. Seaming (w/ Janet): Learn the basic weaving techniques for joining garments. June 23.
ON-GOING KNITTING OPPORTUNITIES
We love to sit with customers who want to learn some tips or work through a tricky pattern. We'll even Skype with you if you're away on vacation and get stuck! Anything is possible, and we've found that this is one of the most satisfying elements of the shop and studio - learning together and creating something beautiful. If you want to arrange an appointment with one of us to guarantee our undivided attention, please call or email.
Social Knit and Crochet: Creativity, Coaching, and Community
Every Saturday starting at 1:30, come join us for some time to sit, knit, & visit. We'll have the tea pot ready! Bring your own project, start a new one, or get help with a tricky spot you're stuck on; this is simply a time to make new friends, catch up with some old ones, and knit for a while. You don't need to have bought your yarns from us - just bring what you have and share ideas. No charge.
"Just Get Started to Knit or Crochet" Personalized to fit your busy schedule and interests.
We have changed this course to become completely personalized to your needs and time/schedule. Call the shop to arrange a time when one of us will help you begin to knit, refresh your skills, or learn something new.
Cost: $15 for two sessions.
Parent-Child Knitting: Another workshop that we can tailor to your interests and schedule. Call the shop and we will arrange a time that works best for you.
Cost: $15 per parent-child pair. We have some used needles for deep discounts.
After School Knitting for Kids will return in February!
Third Thursdays (usually) of each month at 3:15 (ish) to 4:30 (ish) we usually offer a Kids Knitting group time. Knitters and "wanna-be knitters" are welcome to bring their own projects or engage in a fiber-oriented craft for which we are prepared. Call the shop for information and to express interest in participating.
Parents are welcome (and encouraged!) to join in, but particularly with children older than first grade, parents aren't "required" to stay.
If your child is a new knitter, it will be best if they have a lesson before joining the group. You can call the shop to set that up. Lessons are $15 for two sessions; scholarships are available.
Linda and Anne will be available to help with knitting projects, and will introduce a "fun project" to make each afternoon that we meet.
We have kid needles and lots of donated yarns to use, so cost of supplies is very reasonable or non-existent. There is NO COST for the group though we ask families who feel they can to make a donation to our "Food Shelf Jar."
Let us know if you and your children are interested, or just come. Look forward to seeing you in February.