Workshops: Registration and payment is required to reserve your space. For more details or to register, call us at 453-7799, or stop in at the shop! You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org Supply lists will be available upon registration. Workshops are $20 per one-session and $40 per two-session unless otherwise stated.
Please note that we offer repeats of any workshop. Did you miss one that you really want? Give us a call and we can personalize the time to fit your schedule at no extra cost!
And... if you want to take a workshop that requires a skill you don't know yet, such as increasing or decreasing, talk with us! We can find a time to teach you that before the workshop.
Autumn 2019 Workshops - a dozen new ones!
1. Basics of yarn Substitution (Elissa Cobb): Which yarn for which pattern for the best results? Here are the basic guidelines for success. Sat, Sept 21, 10:30am-1pm.
2. Beyond the Basics (Anne Wallace & Diane Corey): Learn increases, decreases, yarn overs, intro to striping and color work, I-cord, and several other skills to take your knitting to the next level. $60 for all four workshops. Saturdays: Sept 28, Oct 26, Nov 23, Jan 4, 10:30am-12:30pm.
3. How to Crochet (Janet Chill): Learn the basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, double crochet. Sunday, Oct 13, 11am-1pm.
4. NEW Afghan Knit-a-Long (Elissa Cobb): Monthly 2-hr tutorial/mentoring to create 2 Afghan squares each month over six months (12 squares), and one session for seaming. $65 for all seven months. Saturdays: Oct 12, Nov 9, Dec 7, Jan 11, Feb 8, Mar 7, April 11, 10:30am-1pm.
5. Crochet: Learn Two New Crochet Stitches (Janet Chill): Advance your repertoire. Sat, Nov 2, 10:30am-12:30pm.
6. Introduction to Tunisian Crochet (Cat MacKenzie): Learn three introductory stitches. $25 for this one session. Sat, Nov 16, 10am-12pm.
7. Knit a Shopping Bag (Janet Chill): Get ready for the plastic bag ban in Vermont, Sat Dec 14, 10:30am-12:30pm.
8. Slip-stitch magic (Elissa Cobb): Discover the easiest color-work ever! S much fun and really flashy results! Sat, Dec 28, 10:30am-1pm.
9. Crochet a Shopping Bag (Janet Chill): Get ready for the plastic bag ban in Vermont, Sat Jan 18, 10:30am-12:30pm.
10. Yarn 101 (Elissa Cobb): Everything you need to know about fiber type characteristics, gauge, yarn substitution and yarn combination. Become confident in selecting which yarns for which projects. Sunday, Jan 19 (snow date Jan 26), 9:30am-4:30pm, includes a 40 min lunch break.
11. Ten MORE Great Projects to Use Your Leftover Yarns (Elissa Cobb): Learn some basic principles and considerations for the mixed use of multiple leftover fibers, and go home with at least 10 NEW free patterns for lots of leftover yarn fun. Sat, Jan 25, 10:30am-1pm.
12. Tunisian Crochet in the Round parts 1, 2, & 3 (Cat MacKenzie): Making a Sock. $45 for all three sessions. Part 1: Intro to Tunisian crochet in the round, starting the cuff. Sun, Feb 2, 11am-12pm. Part 2: Crocheting the heel and in-step. Sun, Feb 9, 11am-12pm. Part 3: Crocheting the toe and finishing. Sun, Feb 16, 11am-12pm.
ON-GOING KNITTING OPPORTUNITIES
We love to sit with customers who want to learn some tips or work through a tricky pattern. We'll even Skype with you if you're away on vacation and get stuck! Anything is possible, and we've found that this is one of the most satisfying elements of the shop and studio - learning together and creating something beautiful. If you want to arrange an appointment with one of us to guarantee our undivided attention, please call or email.
Social Knit and Crochet: Creativity, Coaching, and Community
Every Saturday starting at 1:30 and every Sunday at 12:30, come join us for some time to sit, knit, & visit. We'll have the tea pot ready! Bring your own project, start a new one, or get help with a tricky spot you're stuck on; this is simply a time to make new friends, catch up with some old ones, and knit for a while. You don't need to have bought your yarns from us - just bring what you have and share ideas. No charge.
"Just Get Started to Knit or Crochet" Personalized to fit your busy schedule and interests.
We have changed this course to become completely personalized to your needs and time/schedule. Call the shop to arrange a time when one of us will help you begin to knit, refresh your skills, or learn something new.
Cost: $20 for two sessions.
Parent-Child Knitting: Another workshop that we can tailor to your interests and schedule. Call the shop and we will arrange a time that works best for you.
Cost: $15 per parent-child pair. We have some used needles for deep discounts.
After School Knitting for Kids will return in February!
Third Wednesday (usually) of each month at 3:15 (ish) to 4:30 (ish) we usually offer a Kids Knitting group time. Knitters and "wanna-be knitters" are welcome to bring their own projects or engage in a fiber-oriented craft for which we are prepared. Call the shop for information and to express interest in participating.
Parents are welcome (and encouraged!) to join in, but particularly with children older than first grade, parents aren't "required" to stay.
If your child is a new knitter, it will be best if they have a lesson before joining the group. You can call the shop to set that up. Lessons are $15 for two sessions; scholarships are available.
Linda and Anne will be available to help with knitting projects, and will introduce a "fun project" to make each afternoon that we meet.
We have kid needles and lots of donated yarns to use, so cost of supplies is very reasonable or non-existent. There is NO COST for the group though we ask families who feel they can to make a donation to our "Food Shelf Jar."
Let us know if you and your children are interested, or just come. Look forward to seeing you in soon.