Workshops: Registration and payment is required to reserve your space. For more details or to register, call us at 453-7799, on Mondays and Wednesday-Sunday, or stop in at the shop! You can also email us: email@example.com Supply lists will be available upon registration.
Please note that we offer repeats of any workshop. Did you miss one that you really want? Give us a call and we can personalize the time to fit your schedule at no extra cost!
And... if you want to take a workshop that requires a skill you don't know yet, such as knitting in the round, talk with us! We can find a time to teach you that before the workshop.
Fall 2017 Workshop Schedule - Here it is!!
All workshops run on Saturdays, 10:30-12:30.
1. How to Crochet (with Janet Chill) Learn the basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, double crochet, half-double crochet, and triple crochet.
Dates: Sept 9 & Oct 28, 10:30-12:30
2. How to Knit a Basic Hat (with Diane Corey). Knit a simple "bottom up" cap. This workshop is for the beginner knitter and you will learn how to knit in the round on circular and double-pointed needles.
Dates: Sept 16 & Sept 23, 10:30-12:30
3. Knit Socks (with Anne Wallace). Come get over the fear of turning the heel. This workshop is for knitters who already know how to knit in the round with double-pointed needles.
Dates: Sept 30 & Oct 14, 10:30-12:30.
4. Knit Felted Mittens (with Mary McGuire). These are my family's favorite mittens - super warm, snug on the wrists, and perfect for building snowmen and ice skating.
Dates: Nov 4 and Nov 11, 10:30-12:30
5. Knit Fix (with Elissa Cobb). Learn how to peacefully correct common mistakes.
Date: Oct 7, 10:30-12:30
ON-GOING KNITTING OPPORTUNITIES
We love to sit with customers who want to learn some tips or work through a tricky pattern. Call us to arrange a time. We'll even Skype with you if you're away on vacation and get stuck! Anything is possible, and we've found that this is one of the most satisfying elements of the shop and studio - learning together and creating something beautiful. If you want to arrange an appointment with one of us, please call or email.
Social Knit and Crochet: Creativity, Coaching, and Community
Every Saturday starting at 1:30, come join us for some time to sit, knit, & visit. We'll have the tea pot ready! Bring your own project, start a new one, or get help with a tricky spot you're stuck on; this is simply a time to make new friends, catch up with some old ones, and knit for a while. You don't need to have bought your yarns from us - just bring what you have and share ideas. No charge.
"Just Get Started to Knit or Crochet" Personalized to fit your busy schedule and interests.
We have changed this course to become completely personalized to your needs and time/schedule. Call the shop to arrange a time when one of us will help you begin to knit, refresh your skills, or learn something new.
Cost: $15 for two sessions.
Parent-Child Knitting: Another workshop that we can tailor to your interests and schedule. Call the shop and we will arrange a time that works best for you.
Cost: $15 per parent-child pair. We have some used needles for deep discounts.
After school knitting for children will resume in September, every third Thursday at 3:15pm until about 4 or 4:30. $5 per child or $10 for a family group per session. Open to knitters for coaching and encouragement, and for "not-yet-knitters" we will have some fun "yarny" projects. Just come and enjoy some fun social knitting time with friends, new and old. We will offer some simple projects each time that can be “one time only” - all to do with yarn, and fun.