A cornerstone of our business vision is that we find as many ways as possible to serve our community’s need for education, friendship and connection. These are a few of our current plans:
- Fiber Arts Workshops - For those who want to learn to knit and for knitters who want to learn new tricks; see the Fiber Workshop page for current offerings.
- Sit & Knit Noons & Nights - Join us every Friday to knit or crochet, relax, laugh, be seen and heard.
- Community Learning Circles - Gatherings for all ages to learn from and about each other in order to build a closer, more peaceful, fulfilling and productive community.
- Youth Knitting Circles- To provide our community’s youth with elders’ knowledge of the benefits of fiber arts and technology-free communication and interaction.
- Free Video Series Education - To educate, inform and inspire.
- Story Telling - We envision evenings of sharing stories, poetry, and friendship.
- Space Sharing – Whenever possible providing teachers and groups the opportunity of conducting classes, workshops and meetings in the studio area.
Wednesday Night Inspirations & Meditations...
Guided by our mission to help build community and encourage relationships and growth, we're offering evenings of free inspiration. Gentle yoga accompanied by the viola or followed by meditation with gongs and bells is one of our favorites. We also feature an evening of charity knitting one Wednesday a month; see the schedule of the remaining weeks. All Wednesday Night Inspirations & Meditations are free to all.
Knitting for Good
This gathering of creative knitters share an abundance of energy to knit for others - a perfect fit with our own philosophy of sharing what we have with those around us. We knit small items and then offer them for "sale" here at the shop and at Bristol Fitness by making a donation to our Have a Heart Food Shelf jar.